Chasing Butterflies 2012



A twist in your life story inspires you to try new things. That's what happened to me in 2012. I woke up from some delusions...and decided its better to chase some real butterflies! 

I had first tried abstracts in the Creative Painting program that was a part of my MA History of Fine Arts degree at Stella Maris College between 1994-1996. I I remember falling in love with that process/approach completely even then. But the world around me is too beautiful to limit myself to abstracts, I decided.

Years later, this series of abstracts, titled Chasing Butterflies, was inspired by a walk in the park, with my little one. As I watched him watch the butterflies, with such attention, and wonder, it occurred to me to recreate that moment on canvas...as always, some expressions work, some do not. But the process has been fun, and full of learning. Suits me completely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessed One

It's Time Again

Your Art Is Not My Art