Under A Crimson Sky

I seem to be in an in-between space. Between what was and what is yet to be...find my self in a mode of reminiscing, and looking at exactly how and what I need to improve upon along my journey as an artist and a person.

Nature has been the greatest inspiration for my work, becoming more and more the focal point. But art has also served as therapy as I have often expressed myself through it in a myriad ways. For instance, the time in 2017 when I came up with a very "different" concept. Under A Crimson Sky.

We all wish for it sometimes, don't we? A better place, a safer place. A more humane world without all the poverty, trauma, rape, abuse, dishonesty, corruption, calamity, etc...Like this parallel universe with a pink sky, where cities are peaceful, people are wiser, and joy is the modus operandi. 

This series of large and small format paintings was shown at the famous gallery Sarla's Art World, in December 2017. With Dr. Priya Selvaraj as the chief guest inaugurating it, along with fellow artist Mr. Ganapathy Subramaniam. Good memories...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessed One

It's Time Again

Your Art Is Not My Art