Inspirational Arts Magazine

 Delighted to have a brief writeup and portfolio of my art featured on the UK based online art magazine, Inspirational Arts. 



Founded and published by artist and writer John Hopper, this online magazine aims to support new and upcoming artists as well as the well-established working artists, giving them some much needed exposure. This is their 46th issue.

Here's my piece in it:

Dharshana Bajaj: Contemporary Artist from India, Working with Oil paints and Watercolours. 

My Journey As An Artist Art is home to me. It’s what I’ve always turned to in times of crises or confusion. It’s where I find solace and strength anytime life throws another twist in my tale… For a long time, I felt that the fact that I had missed out on formal art education means I could never be a “real” artist. I was always embarrassed by this fact. Until a well-known art critic told me that perhaps that was a good thing after all, and had spared me the dogma and set beliefs that otherwise may have limited me. Now, I’m happy to call myself a self-taught artist, even if after 20 years of practice my work still seems like it’s all over the place. I’m happy to be engaged in the creative process, not in the hope that it could make me famous someday, but primarily because I love the high of seeing something new emerge through me. And for that, it doesn’t matter how many art classes you have attended or who has been your teacher. At the end of the day, it’s always about you and your work in your studio, alone. Life is the greatest art school, and the learning never ends. And for me, particularly, Nature has been my one constant source of inspiration. I find spending time in Nature, contemplating it, paying attention to the details, all very therapeutic. In fact, there are moments when I feel I’ve been assigned by Gaia, along with several contemporary artists, to highlight the glories of Nature, and raise the awareness of the magic that is present all around us, but that we have taken for granted for a long time now. So, my love affair with painting, that began with landscapes, has evolved over the years to focus on specific features of the natural world. Where before it would take a breathtaking waterfall to bring me to my knees, mentally, I now find myself deeply moved and inspired by as much as a single leaf. I am an artist, yes, with or without the world’s approval or acceptance. If the money comes, that’s good, if art history cares to remember me, wonderful. But today, just for me, I’m happy if I can put pencil to paper, or brush to canvas. A day is well lived when I can come up with an inspiring concept, and execute it to satisfaction. Or just follow the impulse, and go with the flow, where ever the river of life takes me. 


To get your issue of the brand new 46th issue of Inspirational for instant download, go to the following link:
Inspirational - supporting working artists across the world.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessed One

It's Time Again

Your Art Is Not My Art